Friday, August 12, 2011

Talavera Pottery

Mexico 018Mexico 021Mexico 026

This photos above are from a series of the 7 Deadly Sins.  I found them really interested.  Every piece is hand painted and are truly amazing.  These people are such amazing artists.  The photo below is not very good but it is of the streets of Venice.  It is amazing.  An individual person has contracted them do to it.  It will cover a very huge wall.  All the tiles are numbered so it is like a gigantic crossword puzzle.

Mexico 030

Below is just one small area in the store.  The original Talavera Pottery is only white and blue.  Over the years, other colors have been added.  Most typical is a mix of yellow and blue.  I had to return to the Factory because last week I found a piece that I feel in love with.  I took a chance on it still being there and it was. 

Mexico 006

No comments:

Post a Comment