Thursday, May 12, 2011

On Monday, Kristin and I walked to the Zocolo in the morning for exercise. Then before class we met up with Angela to go to the mall. It is a beautiful mall. All in all between the 2 walks, we walked over 4 hours on Monday.

Somewhere around Sunday I got a Microsoft error and was locked out of my login. Fortunately Nick still had a login on my laptop and so I was able to get in using his. Several friends had been helping me try to figure it out but it is something that has to be fixed by a computer person.

It has been quite frustrating since I could not access "my stuff", pictures, movies (although I haven't had time to watch any yet), etc. etc.

Yesterday I translated the error into Spanish and starting searching for the fix on the Microsoft Website in Spanish. Danna found the exact one that I needed.

So, I wrote a note in Spanish to Amer, the dad here, along with the website and asked if his computer repair person could take a look at it. When I arrived home, not only had he received my note but the repair person was working on some of the computers in the internet cafe. Yippee!! After about 40 minutes it was fixed. When I asked what I owed him, he said nothing. I said no, I have to pay for this, I am very happy to have this fixed as it is my link to communicating with my family. The answer was still no. Can you believe it. I asked if I could hug him and he accepted that as payment. Amazing!

I was too tired last night to do anything on my laptop but this morning I have found that I am missing all those files I so much wanted. Especially all my photos of home. I tunes is gone. I can back these up when I get home but I am bummed about that part.

Oh well, there is nothing I can do about that now.

Well I'm back to prepping for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment